Reseller hosting can be a profitable avenue for freelancers to easily package and sell web services without the hassle or technical knowledge of maintaining web hosting servers. However, finding the right hosting plan with the right features is crucial to your success.
In this blog, we’ll cover some key features and tools to look for in your reseller hosting plan.
What Is Reseller Hosting?
Reseller Hosting allows you to start your web hosting firm or supplement your web development or design services under your brand. In other words, a web hosting provider, like InMotion Hosting, will provide and maintain your web hosting services. Meanwhile, you can focus on marketing and selling under your brand.
Whether you are a freelancer in web design, web development, or business consulting, reseller hosting is a great way to grow your freelance business. InMotion Hosting offers reseller hosting plans with tools that make it easy to host multiple client websites while providing new sources of revenue.
Reseller Hosting for Freelancers
Identifying features that directly correlate with your business goals is critical to profit from reseller hosting. This next section will go over five key features to look for in your reseller hosting plan.
- Domain Reselling offers a new source of revenue in addition to your freelance services. For instance, InMotion Hosting partners with eNom to empower freelancers with the ability to resell popular top-level domains (TLDs) and SSL certificates.
- cPanel and WHM are a must to help you manage your databases, subdomains, and users. cPanel is the industry standard, which is why InMotion Hosting includes it in every hosting plan, including reseller hosting.
- 24/7/365 Technical Support. A Technical support team you can rely on will allow you to keep your eye on the prize: business growth.
Technical support at InMotion Hosting undergoes more than 280 hours of training to provide the best support possible. Moreover, InMotion Hosting’s support team is U.S. based and available 24/7/365.
- SSD Servers. Solid-state drives (SSD), like those installed in InMotion Hosting infrastructure, can exponentially increase website speed and reliability for your clients. Give your clients the site speed they expect, and don’t settle for HDD.
- One-Click Installation is an invaluable tool that can help you quickly install all the apps you need to run your business in one click. InMotion Hosting’s reseller program includes Softaculous auto-installer. Softaculous is a free auto-installer with over 400 applications available.
While InMotion Hosting meets the basic needs of freelancers looking to establish and grow their business, we’re constantly looking for ways to improve.
As of August 2022, InMotion Hosting is offering additional tools to make it even easier to start profiting from reseller hosting.
What’s New For Freelancers
- Enhancement in Server Performance. InMotion Hosting is increasing its SSD storage across all reseller hosting plans. With additional storage, freelancers can expect higher website speed and performance for their clients.
- Security Suite. InMotion Hosting’s security suite includes free SSL and malware protection and provides the option for automatic backups.
- Launch Assist. Both the R-3000s plans and VPS Reseller Hosting plans now include launch assist. Launch Assist is an additional service where InMotion Hosting experts help launch your reseller program.
- Marketing Tools. InMotion Hosting’s marketing tools provide customer management tools to help you easily manage your clients. The toolset includes free advertising credits, a website builder, and email on any device.
If you’re a freelancer serious about establishing their brand and generating new sources of revenue, explore Reseller Hosting plans with InMotion Hosting and use this blog to help you identify the best plan for your business.
Lastly, consider bookmarking the Reseller Hosting Guide to help you get the most out of your Reseller Hosting plan.